Wednesday, October 17, 2018

The Clerk of Courts' Office Makes NO Attempts to Collect Debts

by Telephone or E-Mail.

All Official Business from the Clerk of Courts' Office is Conducted via mail.  

The Clerk of Courts' offices are CLOSED on all major holidays

Jury Information
             Juror Line: 513-887-3550
  Juror Number Search
  Additional Juror Information
  Court Records




When you are planning to travel abroad, you will need to obtain a new passport if:

  • You currently do not have a passport;
  • Your passport was lost or stolen;
  • Your passport cannot be renewed;
  • Your name has changed since your passport was issued and you do not have a legal document evidencing the name change (e.g. divorce decree, court order).

You must appear in person. Passport applications are accepted at the Butler County Clerk of Courts titling offices, which are located in Fairfield, Hamilton, Middletown and West Chester. Passports are delivered by mail from the United States Department of State, and should arrive within six (6) to eight (8) weeks. Expedited passports may be requested for an additional fee and usually arrive within three (3) weeks. Passports are not delivered on holidays or weekends.  

U.S. Department of State, Passport Services:
In order to obtain a passport, you will need to bring the following to any Clerk of Courts titling office:

1.  A completed passport application (MUST USE BLACK INK):

Form DS-11. DO NOT SIGN THE APPLICATION IN ADVANCE. The application must be signed at the title office. If a clerk does not witness the signature, the application is invalid.


  • Previous U.S. Passport;
  • Certified Birth Certificate - This must be issued and certified by the Department of Vital Statistics. Hospital birth records are not acceptable
  • Consular Report of Birth Abroad;
  • Naturalization Certificate;
  • Certificate of Citizenship;
  • A Delayed Birth Certificate filed more than one (1) year after your birth may be acceptable if it listed the documentation used to create it and is signed by the attending physician or midwife or lists an affidavit signed by the parents or shows early public records.

3.  Proof of Identity - bring one of the following:

  • Previous U.S. Passport;
  • Naturalization Certificate;
  • Current, valid driver's license - BRING ORIGINAL AND ONE COPY
  • Government ID: city, state or federal;

4.  Required fees: (see below)

Make sure you have everything you need to obtain a passport before signing the application.  This could save you an unnecessary trip - once an application is signed, it cannot leave the title office.

Child Passports:
Essentially the same procedure is followed to obtain passports for minors as for adults, with a few additional conditions and stipulations.

For all minors under age 16:
Each minor child shall appear in person.

Evidence of Child's Relationship to Parents/Guardians such as:

  • Certified U. S. Birth Certificate with parents' names;
  • Certified Foreign Birth Certificate with parents' names and translation, if necessary;
  • Form FS-240 Report of Birth Abroad with parents' names;
  • Form DS-1350 Certification of Birth Abroad with parents' names;
  • Adoption Decree with adopting parents' names -Court Order establishing custody;
  • Court Order establishing Guardianship.

Parental Identification:

  • Valid Drivers License;
  • Valid Official U.S. Military ID;
  • Valid U.S. Government ID;
  • Valid U.S. or Foreign Passport with recognizable photo;
  • Green Card/Alien Resident Card.

Parental Application Permission Documentation:

  • Both parents must appear together and sign; or
  • One parent appears, signs and submits the second parent's Statement of Consent: Issuance of a Passport to a Minor Under Age 16, Form DS-3053; or
  • One parent appears, signs and submits primary evidence of sole authority to apply for all minors age 16 to 17.

For security reasons, parental consent may be requested.

If the child does not have identification of his or her own, the parent or legal guardian must accompany the child and present identification.



Routine Service (6 - 8 weeks)      Book       Card
Adult (age 16 and up)* $110.00 $30.00
Child (age 15 and under)* $80.00 $15.00
Photographs (set of 2)** $12.00
Agency Fee** $35.00
   *Check or Money Order payable to U.S. Department of State
   **Cash, Check, or Money Order payable to Butler County Clerk of Courts
Expedited Service (2 - 3 Weeks) Book   Card
Adult (age 16 and up)*  $185.89 $90.00 
Child (age 15 and under)*  $155.89 $75.00 
Photographs (set of 2)** $12.00
Agency Fee** $35.00
Expedited Postage** $24.70
   *Check or Money Order payable to U.S. Department of State
   **CashCheck, or Money Order payable to Butler County Clerk of Courts
Corporate Dispatch (Delivered by Employer)    
Adult New $25.00

We accept cash, check, credit card or money order for photographs and the agency fee.  
This check would be made payable to Butler County Clerk of Courts.

The Passport Fee must be paid by check only.  This check would be made payable to U.S. Department of State.

You may access the forms by going to our PASSPORT FORMS page. 



The Clerk of Courts does not offer any online services (other than our website feedback). 
 You must apply in person